- Building HR / IR Capability
- Building Leadership Capability
- Building Workforce Capability
- Equity and Diversity
- Indigenous Employment
- NTPS Capability & Leadership Framework
- Reward & Recognition
- Learning Portal
Gaining Employment in the NTPS
The Northern Territory Public Sector (NTPS) provides employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a wide variety of occupations. These range from careers in nursing, parks and wildlife, accounting, law, human resource management, teaching and many more.
There are a number of ways to apply for jobs within the NTPS:
- you can apply for any job advertised in the newspaper;
- you can apply for a placement in the Indigenous Employment Program or one of the training and employment programs such as the apprenticeship, cadetship or graduate programs. These are managed by the Department of Business and Employment; or
- you can also visit the NT Government job vacancy website for NTPS vacancies across all regions.
In the NTPS selections to vacancies are awarded on the Merit principle, which provides the selection of the right person for the job.
Further information on how to find and apply for a job within the NTPS can be found in the information for applicants section on this website.